Purpose: This meeting allows the board of review to act on very specific items relating to the assessment roll;
- The Correction of qualified errors.
- Granting of a Principal Residence Exemption that was not previously denied.
- The board may review a denial by the assessor of a qualified agricultural property exemption for the current year if the exemption was not in existence for the previous year.
- The board may also grant a qualified agricultural exemption if there has not been a previous denial.
- The board may also make limited changes in regards to the uncapping of a taxable.
- The board may grant a Disabled Veteran Exemption for the current year only.
- The board may also hear an appeal for a Poverty Exemption.
The previous list is a summary of changes the board is allowed to make. For a more detailed explanation see Michigan State Tax Commission Bulletin #6 of 2018.
Please contact the Assessor if you have any questions.
Randy Jewell, Assessor City of Charlotte PH: 517-543-8844 Email firstname.lastname@example.org