Charlotte City Police
The Charlotte Police Department is an organization committed to the citizens of the community in an effort to preserve, maintain and protect human life, rights and property. Steadfast leadership will direct, empower, mentor and promote individual responsibility and community commitment on the part of its officers and members, with the openness, accountability and transparency requested by the community it represents and the city government and administration it works hand in hand with.
Contact Information: The Police Department’s non-emergency telephone number is (517) 543-1552. The receptionists window is open Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. & 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. except holidays. Hours may be adjusted based on staff availability. If no one is at the window, but an officer needs to be contacted, Eaton County Central Dispatch can be reached on the red phone in the entryway at Charlotte City Hall.
- Loyalty: Bear true faith and allegiance to the U.S. Constitution, the Michigan Constitution, the Laws and Ordinances of our Community, our department and our fellow officers.
- Duty: Fulfill all obligations.
- Respect: Treat people as they should be treated.
- Selfless-Service: Put the welfare of the community, the department, and fellow officers before your own.
- Honor: Live up to all departmental values, abide by our code of ethics, and work towards achievement of our combined vision.
- Integrity: Do what’s right, legal and moral.
- Personal Courage: Face fear, danger or adversity with professionalism.
Connect with us on Facebook.
Other Information The following files and internet links may be useful for residents of Charlotte: