Elections – Forms

The City Council is elected in odd years.  The City Council holds a 4 year term, the Mayor is a 2 year term.   Anyone running for a city office must be registered to vote in the city limits, for 6 months or more. 

Declaration of intent (To be a write-in for an elected office)

Petitions must be obtained by the City Clerk’s office, this is according to City charter.  After filing the petitions an affidavit of identity form must be filed to place your name on the ballot.  Both forms are available at the City Clerk’s office.

Precinct Delegate Affidavit


Campaign Finance  – Statement of Organization form –  You find this form at the Eaton County Clerk office.  This is where you file them as well.


(Election Training every 2 years to be certified to work the election)

For information on election training please contact the City Clerk at 517-543-8843.

Election Inspector Application