All material must be supplied in DVD format, and must not be subject to copyright restrictions. Copyrighted material may be shown if the express, written consent of the copyright-holder is supplied.
There are also content-based limitations. In accordance with the cablecasting ordinance, the following programming material is prohibited:
- Commercial advertising material
- Obscene or indecent material
- Advertisements regarding a lottery
- Unauthorized, copyrighted material
- Direct solicitation of funds
- Material defaming any racial, ethnic, sexual, age or religious groups
- Material advocating violence or fighting words
- Material not in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws
- Slanderous or libelous material
- Deliberate misinformation
- Paid political advertisements
The city will pre-screen all DVD’s to ensure proper programming and content.
Scheduling for program time slots is on a first come, first served basis, with priority given to regular City of Charlotte broadcasts. Due to technical limitations, most programming must be shown during regular City Hall business hours.
Applicants are required to make their own arrangements for delivering and retrieving their programming materials to city offices.
Posted in: Public Access Cable Television