The City Clerk Office will be open Saturday, March 5, 2016 from 9:00 a.m to 2:00 p.m. for ABSENTEE VOTING ONLY. The Clerk office is located at City Hall, 111 E. Lawrence, Charlotte on the 1st Floor.
As a United States Citizen and a qualified and registered elector you may request an absentee ballot IF:
- You are 60 years of age or older.
- You expect to be absent from the community in which you are registered for the entire time the polls are open on election day.
- You are physically unable to attend the polls without the assistance of another.
- You cannot attend the polls because of the tenets of your religion.
- You have been appointed an election precinct inspector in a precinct other than the precinct in which you reside.
- You cannot attend the polls because you are confined to jail awaiting arraignment or trial.
Voters requesting an Absent Voter Ballot must do so in writing. You may download the application below or fill an application out at the counter.
Any questions please contact 517-543-8841.